2.16.2011

Dollar Dollar Bills, Ya'll.

1) Got our Hawaii cash all ready to go - now we just need to actually book the trip. Still indecisive about which island to visit. May take a few more days.



2) Got our financial budget laid out for the year - and we are back on track! Buying the house set us back a bit; so many added expenses. We have a good plan and as long as we stick to it, there will be plenty of money to save, take care of the house (including decor) and pay down the bills. We are following Dave Ramsey's plan again - I am ready to be debt free, once and for all (although, now with the house - it may take a while!).

I decided to start using this new invention called (wait for ittttt.......) CHECK REGISTERS! Evidently your balance online isn't always accurate because of (wait for itttt....) OUTSTANDING CHECKS!


Ima jus' kiddin'.
I knew that. I am a banker, after all. And I did get us out of debt ($25K in 2 years) before we bought the house. I know we can do it again! Especially since I have 873 checking and savings accounts to help keep me organized. I don't like to keep our money all in one place. No, I am not paranoid. I just have a bad habit of robbing Peter to pay Paul. especially when Paul is really the super secret codename for Target or Ross. There, I said it. Gave away my weakness.

3) I am working hard to get our Tax documents together for our accountant. Since we bought the house just this past September, this will be the first year we REALLY get to itemize. That means a lot of leg work (which really means a lot of ARM work - digging and digging and digging through piles of paper. Oh joy).

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you are so silly.
    Do they have a photo of you at the door of Target and Ross yet? Soon.....
    budget? That is a nasty word. Necessary, but nasty.
    Yay Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)