5.22.2011

What is with me and ___________?

As promised... a blog post about me scoring... at Goodwill, of course!

We woke up BRIGHT & EARLY on Saturday morning (aka 50% off at Goodwill day).
We decided a breakfast of champions was in order... Cracker Barrel would do just fine,


And I, of course, needed some Sweet Tea to get my energy up!
Love me some sweet tea!!


Below are some of our Goodwill finds...
I see a lot of refinishing in our future!!

A table/sewing machine thingy. The sewing machine is from Sears and it STILL works!
Look at the peddle thingy!
I have NO idea where this is going to go. We may refinish it and then sell it.
We will see!


A not so old, but definitely functional side table.
We are using it in the main living room for now.
I think it will get refinished a darker brown, chocolate really.
And then kept where it currently resides.
I think.


A cool mirror.
[look at my boys trying to get in the pic. i warned them i was taking it!]


And finally... I love this next thing.
It's huge - so I haven't had a chance to get a really good pic of it.
It's a 6ft long RADIO CABINET!


She's a BEAUTY!
The speakers are still in it - but that's about it.
We have plans to refinish it - using a much darker stain.
And using a darker mesh-stuff (to cover the speakers).

What we haven't decided on is where it will rest it's sweet head.
Either the entry way...
or in my bedroom.
How exciting.... a mystery!

Seriously though...
What is with me and radio cabinets?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny. I love all your great finds. I remember US having a radio cabinet like that big ol' one too!!!
    Cracker Barrel. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)