6.20.2011

More Fun, Fun, Fun

Before I get into the meat of this post... I wanted to give a shout out to a sponsor... (you didn't know I took on sponsors?! what, what?!?)...

This post is brought to you by:

That's how many hours Marcos and I have left until we start our staycation! We will both be off of work until July 5. Yay us!

Okay - now to the meat! ;)  And speaking of meat - let's talk about the meat market we were at on Saturday; all of the fathers in my life were in one place (the pizza joint). Combine all that pepperoni and those hunky-hunks - it was a meat market for sure!

But, to bring this to a Rated G post - I will make mention of the all cute kids also in attendance. We spent a few good hours with food, fun, and all of the love we could handle.

Want proof?






We spent Sunday camera-less. lol... My parents came over, Marcos didn't have to work. The day was grand!

We had a lunch of Sloppy Joe's, Salad and Chips. I made the Pineapple Upside Down cupcakes.  (I evidently like Capital Letters) We went for a swim. I was kind of disappointed in the water temp... even though it was over 100*, the water was pretty cool. I think it was due to the wind - we get a lot of wind out this way.

The best part of swimming?! Getting out and laying in a lounge chair - letting the SUN dry you off. I LOVE laying out near the pool.  I think the Valium* I took just before hand helped me enjoy the minutes even more! I fell asleep while the rest of my family continued to play! I am happy to say that even though I slept out in the sun, I do NOT resemble a lobster today. Not at all.

(*Back pain, remember?! I don't condone prescription drug use before swimming. I waited at least 30 minutes after our meal and my pill popping before getting in the water. I had 5 lifeguards family members on duty. I survived.)

All-in-all, I think Marcos and my dad had a good time; on Father's Day, that's all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day for your family!!!! I am always amazed at how much you and your Mom look alike. And I am totally green with envy that you have both your Dad and Grandpa....I hope you hugged them tightly!!!

    I hope you back feels better soon and you can kick the pills. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)