6.22.2011

Oh My [Vacation Day 2]

I don't know why I agree to some of the husband's shenanigans. Especially when he speaks geek.

But this helped:


And so did this:

(don't you love it?! it's from the HobLob! 50% off!!)

And now this is the new (not permanent, I hope) view of my TV niche in the family room:



Lucky gal, aren't I?

The husband's been mumbling about stupid spec home, and not enough lines, and the ever so understandable (not!) we need more CAT5.  He's making holes, running lines and spending dough like it's well, ...dough. But he promises that when all is said and done, we will have the speaker system (indoor and out) and flood lights (outside only, thankgosh!) all installed.

Secretly, I am crushin' on him. I love that he knows his trade so well. And, on a scale of 1to 10, his hotness goes up to a 12 when he steps onto a ladder. I'm just sayin'.  I am so glad that, besides the technical side of things, he also knows how to drywall. lol... He's going to be using that skill for sure during this vacation!

On the docket for the rest of the week?!?! Pick the paint color for the master (and actually PAINT!). I may need your help with that. The picking - of course you'd back out of the actual painting part. I know that! 

We have drapes and artwork coming this week! Yay, more hanging.

We have a garage to THROW OUT. We found another scorpion... so I told the man to get rid of everything. No more pack-ratting.

And finally, I've done a little make-over on desk that I am going to be moving into my office. The office is going to finally get the finishing touches it's been waiting for.  

So - our staycation is going to be jammed packed, but really - we wouldn't have it any other way! I'm lying of course, I'd much rather be on a beach in Mexico, San Diego, or elsewhere with palm trees. Oh well, there's always next year!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I get you on all the AV stuff....we have lines this way and that. But when it works....oh, it is the best.
    are you not going to Hawaii now????? I thought we had that trip planned out...and when I say "we" I meant WE. :)
    XOXOXO
    heading on a lil' trip next week...I will be MIA.
    xoxoxox again.
    Suz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)