11.20.2011

It completes me.

Well... maybe not *ME* - but I think it does a wonderful job completing the family room. Furniture wise, anyway.

I mentioned yesterday that we went to several stores... one was this one:


We'd never been there before... We actually found it by accident, looking for a new Goodwill to scour.
We weren't at the donation door to drop stuff off... rather, we were there to pick up our latest thrift store find (cue handmade logo)...


We walked right in. I thought some items were a tad over priced, but we kept looking.
My eyes scanned the large, open store for the furniture section.

It was love at first site.
I didn't even sit in it.
(the hubby did, though)

It was the right size, color, shape, style, color, shape - it was perfect!
In my eyes anyway.

And seriously... it was the only chair there that did not have any rips, stains, or sagging issues.
We all hate sagging issues, don't we?!



The price tag indicated the chair was $40.
The sign out in front of the store said it was 50% off day.
We stole that chair for $20 buckaroos.

When I was trying to describe the chair to my mom, I think she was a little worried that we picked up a 70s high back. I think it's fairly new... at least within the last couple years. Even if it's not - it was taken care of quite loverly.

I spent all morning cleaning it up. I probably used a whole bottle of Fabreeze (love that stuff!)...
and used the shop vac to make sure I got everything off of it I could.

After all that, Isabel and I lugged it into the house and worked out it's final resting place.
I think.
Eventually, I want the tile to extend into the family room. I think that will help with the positioning of the chair.


I am pleased with the way the room is shaping up.
And I'd like to point out that the coffee table was a Goodwill find ($12), the end table was a Goodwill find ($9) and the lamp & shade were also from Goodwill ($9).

I love thrift stores.                                                                                                                                   



Even better? One less person has to sit in a folding chair come Christmas Eve. YAY!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You're right - that coffee table would be PERFECT with a dark top and lighter base. It would really POP against that dark sofa. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)