12.31.2011

2012 Resolutions

2012 has to be a good year for us. I insist.
And because I insist, I decided to jot down a few resolutions for the coming year. I am sharing a few here, but please know the usual be more organized, be kinder to others, blah blah blah are also included.


To explain #1 - here is a picture of me from right after Marcos bought my my new bike {which prolly couldn't be considered new any longer}...


{2009}
I am ready to get back on that cruiser and go crazy. You know Isabel got a new cruiser for Christmas, and the husband just hit "ACCEPT" on his Amazon order which consists of a smooth, silver cruiser of his own.

We need to make some serious changes around here. I mentioned in one of my previous posts that I had to take a trip to the ER. I am still not 100% sure what the deal was, but it felt like I was *dying* and that someone was sticking a knife and slowly turning it clock-wise in my back. As in KIDNEYS!! It took some major meds to get me even remotely comfortable. I am done not taking better care of ourselves. Since then, I've been taking my meds and also drinking water like it's going out of style.

My cute boyfriend and I have decided to remove ourselves from dairy for at least the month of January. Hopefully beyond. Do you know how hard it is to have Taco night without sour cream and cheese?!

Easy, we did it last night! Champions, we are!

We went grocery shopping today and got tons of good stuff. My poor niece, who is away for the weekend, is going to be shocked when she sees our 2012 pantry. ;) 

My seventh resolution is to just CELEBRATE life more. Whether it be birthdays, holidays or the random Tuesday, we need to appreciate it. Watching my grandfather decline has made me realize that the experts are correct; life really is too short.  :(

We are ringing in the new year as a family of 5 tonight. If Nic bothers waking up, that is. We are having a healthy dinner, some healthy drinks {virgin for los ninos!}, and are hanging out, err - in.

If you have a resolutions post, feel free to leave it in the comments, or share what you are going to be focusing on in 2012. I think it's going to be a great year.


Happy New Year to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your kidneys!!! Is that from dairy????
    Coach got a Ninja blender from Santa and we have been drinking slushies full of fruit (and spinach!) I'm hoping he might join me at the gym...one day. :)
    Celebrating more is easy....you are already a pro at that!!!!
    Happy 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)