12.30.2011

One of the last days of the year

It's just about 75* here in the outskirts of Phoenix... a lovely, pretty much clear, blue-skied day. It's hard to believe that today is one of the last days of 2011. Where did the year go?

I stepped outside to take a look around... It's a Friday, but because of the impending holiday, people were out and about as if it were the weekend already.

This is what our lovely tree  {the twig to the right} looked like last January:


Here she is today... I think her leaves are just about ready to fall off.


 Abby is off visiting her cousin and her uncle this weekend, so we invited Isabel's friend, Hannah, over for the weekend. They've been riding bikes, picnicking and going, going, going for two days straight.


The front of our house.
I just realized I haven't put my January wreath up yet. The house looks nekkid.


Here's a close-up of Isabel's new bike. Complete with a cup holder.
Lucky gal.


Marcos took the boys to the movies and to go run some errands today. We are having Carne Asada for dinner tonight, with homemade rice and refried beans. They went into Phoenix to get the best tortillas money can buy. Yummy.

I've been working on my January mantels and cleaning up the house. I start my new job on the 9th, so I am also trying to get my office straightened out.

I love a new year... it's a chance to start fresh.


1 comment:

  1. Love your tree....makes you happy right?? You are green at heart. ;)
    Nice wheels!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)