12.29.2011

We had a Very Merry Christmas

Our Christmas was wonderful. We celebrated it on Christmas Eve since Marcos had to work on Christmas day. We started dinner a little too late, so we opened presents first... then ate a fantastic roast at nearly 9pm.
Guess what?! Roast tastes the same, no matter what time of day.  We didn't complain.

The theme this year was bittersweet; not really a theme. But this could possibly be my grandfather's last Christmas with us - all we wanted to do was spend time with him and to let him know just how much we love him. Our gifts to grandpa were thoughtful and things to be considered his favorite {a years supply of chocolate covered raisins, anyone?!}

The kids made out... Alex with mostly clothes and gift cards. Isabel received a beach cruiser, clothes and smelly girl stuff. Abby lucked in an "owl" kind of way, from posters to pendants. And Nic. Dear little Nic... got too many Legos, another Buzz, and everything else on his list {the original copy, not the one he kept adding to up until we started opening presents}.

Marcos went ALL out and bought my a Kindle Fire. iPad what, what?! Who needs an apple when you can play with fire?! ;) Dude. Amazon should pay me for that slogan, really.  I love it. A lot. The Kindle, I mean.

I got Marcos some clothes and a new Fossil watch.  Oh, and we replaced our old, broken {thankyouverymuch,nico} Wii with a new, sleek, black one. And our most important present of the year?! A new Weight Watchers scale {for the body, not for food}. Lordy, the new year's resolutions start soon!

Here is our tree before my parents and my grandparents brought over their gifts for everyone.


And here it is after. No, we aren't hiding 15 other children. I promise.



Here's Nic and his Spanish speaking Buzz.


The big bike, being opened by Isa... Except we told the kids it was a TV for the neighbor, George {we don't have a neighbor named George, I don't think} to throw them off. We even added a fake tag.


We had a lovely Christmas...
But now... it's packed away. I went from 3 bins to 5. And really, I could use another. So many decorations.
I am slowly trying to get the house back in order... to get us ready to start 2012 off right!

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. Five bins?? We just put ours away and I think we have 12. Oy. I've got too much stuff.
    I seriously think you are hiding 15 kids somewhere in there. Were they lost under the gifts perhaps???
    I hope George isn't peeved that his gift was revoked. That is not a way to have friends in the hood ya know.
    Grandpa. *sigh* really, it could be our last holiday, every holiday. I hope he is doing well....and raisins are good for us!!!
    So, what about your trip to the ER????

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)