1.28.2012

Jesse's Girl

Showing my age with that title...
but really...
here she is....



Someone looks a little happy today. Wonder why.
Why, Abby?!!? Why are you so happy?!



OHHH! Well, that makes sense!!
My brother, Jess, got home from Iraq in December and came out here to Arizona as soon as his schedule would allow. We haven't seen him in 4 years... it was the last time he was home. Nic's 1st Birthday party.

Of course, Abby's saw him back in May and June.

Today... we are hanging out. Going to celebrate my mom's birthday tonight. I've made shredded beef tacos, homemade rice and beans. Marcos made an awesome pico de gallo. I made a butter cake with homemade coconut butter cream frosting.

I've never made homemade frosting. It was soooo easy. I also made some chocolate cupcakes for those that don't like coconut. [raises hand]

While we are waiting for my parents to arrive.. Jess got out Abby's guitar.
That boy can play.
And sing.
I cannot.
Do either.
And crap, I just gave him a compliment. Two really.

He played some Tom Petty, Niel Young, -- it was fantastic.


And some of this:




After the guitar was put away, Nic took it upon himself to make a memory of his own:


1) Look at that face.
2) Nic is going to be into photography one day, I can tell.

Our hearts are full. Abby is feeling a little bitter sweet (she doesn't want to have to say goodbye come Wednesday), but we are all happy that we get to spend some time my parents' oldest spawn.

Love ya, Jess. Glad you came home to see us all!

1 comment:

  1. There is so much good stuff in this post! So happy that Jess is home for a visit...that means he is getting some much needed R & R...and hero's need lots of R & R!!!
    Taco's, cake, birthdays, good music, and a whiz kid photographer....I love it all!!!! Enjoy your peeps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)