3.21.2012

Got Bit by the Bug [Spring Fever Diaries #3]



Yesterday was the first day of Spring. And although we were officially on Spring Break last week, I am declaring this upcoming weekend as our Spring Cleaning week.

During our staycation last week, we got a whole lot done around the house. But not any true, lemony, deep cleaning. Oh, I can hear the screams of joy from the kids right now.

Here is our line-up:


I am giving us four full days to get everything done. The kids *will* be glad to learn that two of those days, they will be in school and the husband and I will do most of the work.

Besides the usual purge of unwanted or unnecessary things, we will also focus on really deep cleaning the house. We've lived here for a year and a half now, and there are some things that REALLY need to be focused on.

Here is a list of products and tools we will use:


I will be sure to focus on each room and how we tackle them in more detail later on this week. I think it's always helpful to see what other people do - in case something is missed! Like, changing the air filters?! I always forget to do that!

As I mentioned, we did get a good start last week by completing some outside work, cleaning out and making pretty our laundry room and by Dropping, not Shopping at Goodwill. On Sunday, I had a Mazda full of bags and boxes I handed over to the Goodwill Guys. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures. But I promise, the back of the car and trunk were FULL!

* * *

The kids are in their last 9 weeks of school... and to go along with the No TV Rule...we've moved the larger TV back downstairs. They need to focus on their school work and their chores. Smack Down, baby.

I am in the process of updated their chore lists and working on ideas to help lessen their idle time. Abby will be getting ready to head back home to her daddy this summer, so we do want to spend some quality family time together before that happens. Electronic free, of course! ;)

 * * *
Are YOU working on Spring Cleaning?! I'd love to see how you work things out... drop me a line (err, link?!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow. You are so organized with your cleaning schedule! I seem to clean year round and don't really do any special stuff for spring.
    I DO wish I had a team though to come in and tackle all the ceiling fans and a/c vents! Know anyone who is cheap??? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit YMT. If your email address is included in your profile, you betcher bottom dollar I will respond. And now... I can even reply here, right in the comments section. Go on, leave a comment. :)